Our Menu of Restaurant Consulting Services
For start-ups and established brands
You’ve got a great concept, menu ideas are dancing in your head like sugar plums, and your investors are all lined up. Now what?
There’s nothing like the energy and excitement of a restaurant that is about to welcome customers for the first time. But in order to be ready…and right…there is a long to-do list. That’s when you need the help of SIOS, a professional restaurant consulting firm working with start-ups in the San Francisco Bay Area and New York.
We excel at:
- Matching your idea with the right location
- Helping you choose the right team, from architects and builders, to chefs and managers
- Designing the perfect restaurant space
- Guiding you through the menu creation process
- Creating drink selections in keeping with your concept
- Overseeing the construction progress
- Easing the implementation of POS systems
- Hiring staff, from kitchen help to servers to sommeliers
- Team training
- Guiding the scheduling process and day-to-day operations
- Keeping eye on profitability
- And, oh yes, organizing a fabulous opening party!
To make your restaurant opening a huge success, contact us.
Are online reviews hurting your business? Or perhaps your restaurant isn’t performing the way you’d like. Then it’s time for a fresh pair of eyes. Bernd Gerwig of SIOS Consulting has the expertise to look at every aspect of your operation and make recommendations that will get you back on track.
- Overall operation and concept assessment
- Analyze service and kitchen flaws
- Cost analysis / cost control
- Staff training
- Design improvements
- Labor productivity
- Service flow improvements
- Inventory control
- Profit margin enhancement
Restaurant Staff Training Packages
Whether it’s a one-day intensive or a week-long workshop, Bernd conducts staff training that will take your restaurant to the next level. We’ll show you how to provide the elegant, smooth service that keeps patrons coming back. Contact Bernd for information.
See an example of a recent team instruction
Restaurant Loss Prevention
There are all sorts of activities — known and unknown — that eat away at your profits. Staff may help themselves to kitchen items. Products are wasted. Alcohol is carelessly spilled while pouring drinks. Poor food management results in costly spoilage.
SIOS Consulting will look at your front and back operations to see where loss is occurring, then recommend a prevention plan to improve your bottom line.
Mystery Dining Program
SIOS sends our own team of mystery diners to your restaurants to evaluate the entire experience — food, drinks, service and ambiance. These monthly reports give you an overview of everybody’s performance, and you can evaluate employees based on our objective observations.
After all, your staff is on good behavior when you’re in the restaurant…but what happens when you’re not there? Send in our mystery diners and find out.
Click on the link to see more about our Mystery Dining program
Bernd A. Gerwig, owner of SIOS, is available to speak at restaurant trade shows, seminars, congresses and conventions. Topics can be tailored to the interest of your audience.
Focus themes: Service, cost control, staffing, wine management
Read about some recent projects.